Position: Head of Athletic Performance
Super6 – Super6 Head Coach | Amateur Club – Academy Manager | General Manager – Commercial
Purpose: To develop, manage, promote, enhance, deliver, and lead on all aspects of athletic performance within Stirling County RFC, including the club’s Super6 side – Stirling Wolves. Manage and deliver the clubs Performance Development Programme (PDP) and oversee the delivery of athletic performance across SCRFC including Men’s and Women’s rugby as well as youth rugby (U14>).
Super6 – Job Responsibilities & Duties
Undertake the role of Head of Athletic Performance for SCRFC’s Super6 side – Stirling Wolves. Deliver on associated Key Performance Indicators and work closely with the Super6 Head Coach to develop these.
Specifically, to manage the following:
- Manage individual athletic performance plans for all part-time professional contracted players (approx. 30 players)
- Record and maintain data for all players, including fitness testing at regular intervals, to track and inform on a player’s athletic development
- Lead on all athletic performance sessions including all S&C and pre-rugby primer sessions
- Liaise and develop partnerships with key personnel to enhance support for all aspects of athletic performance e.g., nutrition and well-being
- Work closely with our partners at the University of Stirling to develop relationships and provide intern opportunities to enhance the programme
- Manage the use of GPS within the training environment, collect data and provide reports to inform both players and coaches
- Provide feedback and contribute to all season and session planning
Club and Performance Development Programme – Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Undertake the role of Head of Athletic Performance for SCRFC’s amateur senior sides, within it’s Performance Development Programme at youth rugby and oversee all aspects of athletic performance within the amateur club. Deliver on associated Key Performance Indicators and work closely with the Academy Manager to develop these.
Specifically, to manage the following:
- Manage the club’s S&C program, reporting to the Academy Manager and consulting with professional and voluntary staff
- Provide specific programming (age / stage/ positionally appropriate) to specific individuals within the PDP system, including provision of appropriate testing
- Manage group development sessions for the U14 > U18 age grade squads
- Produce resources to deliver to volunteer coaches and mini & youth level for field based athletic development
- Manage and develop a group of interns as drawn internally from the club and from partner establishments
- Linking with specialists across the club in rugby, nutrition, well-being, and psychology
- Work with the clubs General Manager in the creation of a program to drive use of the facility, including the provision of sessions as appropriate
- Premises security – Key Holder
- Function as a role model and ambassador for the club
Working Hours, Contract Length & Renumeration
Average working hours of 40 hours per week. Weeks will vary in and out of Super6 season and will regularly involve evening and weekend work.
Working hours schedule to cover all duties / requirements of the post of Head of Athletic Performance.
Essential Internal and External Working Relationships
Internal – Super6 Head Coach, Club Academy Manager, Medical Team, Nutritionist, Skills Coaches, Club Officials, Staff, Age Grade Head Coaches, Seniors Head Coaches, Team Managers, Players, Volunteers.
External – Scottish Rugby Union, Local Schools, Further / Higher Education Establishments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required / Desirable:
- All aspects of strength and conditioning
- UKSCA Accreditations / World Rugby Level 2 / or Equivalent
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in a relevant subject area (Desirable)
- Experience of working in performance sport
- Experience of working in developmental sport
- Experience of collaborating with volunteers
- Well-developed communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Experience of collaborating effectively with partners
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to meet competing deadlines
- Post is reliant upon a satisfactory PVG check
- Valid driving licence (Desirable)
Application is by CV with a covering letter of no more than 500 words outlining why you feel you are suitable for the position and should be submitted to: Stewart Milne: firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion on the role call 07940559883. Contracting for the post is an option that can be discussed.
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday June 2nd. Interviews June 9th / 10th.
Terms & Conditions
Renumeration will be £24,000 per annum with pension enrolment (after 3 month probationary period) and 30 days annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
The commercial KPIs (5.a) will include an agreement whereby the post holder will receive 20% on the first 7k of profit increasing to 40% on any income thereafter.